Avionics Tech- Mobile, AL
PDS Tech, Inc. •
- Perform routine or special maintenance inspections to prevent failure of aircraft electrical and avionics systems and components
- perform complete operational and functional checks on navigation, communication and flight control systems including instrumentation and pitot static installations, etc.
- Fabricate wiring harnesses, installs/modifies avionic and electrical systems.
- Determine when a component should be repaired or replaced; decide necessary repair schemes and quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair.
- Follow approved maintenance procedures, consulting internal procedures and technical data FAA approved.
- Perform serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Complete work package documentation with sign off after finishing all designated operations.
- Perform installation of avionic equipment.Interpret avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, wiring and cable integrity, coax cables and fittings and connector assemblies.
- Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and soldering equipment.Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and soldering equipment.Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional test of electrical and electronic systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair, rework, and modify worn or defective assemblies, components or systems.Suggest improvements to processes and procedures.Satisfy work schedule requirements.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Advise operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.Inform appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/ mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Perform preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assist maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Assist and train other maintenance and/or other technical level employees.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
- Certified by FAA with a current Airframe and Power Plant license is preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, and the ability to demonstrate proficiency in these areas.
- Proficiency with interpretation of avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, cables, fittings, circuits and connectors.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to inspect and install digital avionics equipment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while ensuring quality work.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel, talk or hear and have good visual abilities.
- Will often be required to sit, climb or balance and work in close quarters.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Must be safety conscious at all times.Able to lift or help lift up to 50 lbs.Note:
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)