MAG Aerospace •
This position is for a Software Engineer to support the Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (SUAS) program at the MAG location in Huntsville. The Software Engineer will support design, development and test of SUAS aircraft avionics/flight control systems, associated ground control stations and supporting equipment. Tasks include: maintaining code and integrating software components into a fully functional software system, developing, maintaining and unit testing software components into a fully functional software system, developing, documenting, and maintaining architecture, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. This position will have significant responsibility for the configuration management of the end software product. This position will also play a significant role in the integration of system and subsystem components as well as execution of system acceptance test(s).
- BS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent
- Professional experience working through the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis and development, design, code, integration and test
- Knowledge of or experience with software development and PCR management tools (Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket)
- Experience managing and integrating source code from multiple vendors
- Experience creating and testing deployable system images for depot level installations on target HW
- Experience creating and managing PCRs
- Strong written and communication skills
- Self-starter with a desire to solve problems
- Team player with a desire to learn
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret DoD Security Clearance
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.
- Experience working with unmanned aircraft and unmanned ground robotics systems, radio communications technologies, networking hardware, security appliances and software
- Experience developing or working with SW that meets DoD Cyber Security requirements
- Good understanding of IT networks
- Experience with multithreaded applications
- Experience working in an AGILE SW environment
- Skills/experience with Linux, MATLAB, C++, Jira, Windows
- Familiarity with requirements database programs (CRADLE experience is highly desirable)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and Federal Contractor Poster Supplement
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.
MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact MAG Aerospace Recruiting at:
Applicant.Assist @ magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993
Job Ident #: