Aviation Technical Services, Inc. •
The Certification Manager’s primary duty is to manage, coordinate and represent ATS when finding compliance to all regulations and mandates of the FAA and other foreign regulatory authorities during project and product development. This position reports to the Alternate Solutions, Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties include the following items:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage FAA projects in accordance with the FAA concurred Project Specific Certification Plans (PSCP-STC), and Part Specific Certification Plans (PSCP-PMA)
- Assume the role of PMA Administrator, who will act as the ATS Alternate Solutions FAA focal for Seattle Aircraft Certification Office (SACO) and Manufacturing Inspection District Office (MIDO) during PMA certification efforts.
- Manage and coordinate the FAA approval process for Repair Specifications (RS), Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA), Supplemental Type Certificate (STC), and other projects requiring certification coordination.
- Establish, monitor and lead certification activities for projects to include; milestone schedules, certification budgets, required resources, communications, risk management and change management.
- Act as division focal for interface and coordination with all certification organizations and representative designees including DERs, DARs, ODA Unit Members and DOA CVE members.
- Develop, submit and manage certification data packages to the FAA.
- Manage certification personnel designated to assist with certification related technical issues, project status, or certification related training.
- Develop, establish and maintain certification management tools to include certification program plans, data requirement matrixes, action item matrixes and risk matrixes. Accountable for certification milestone schedules and certification budgets in support of certification projects.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with contracted certification organizations and designees through frequent and timely communication methods.
- Coordinate internal certification activities to ensure major milestones are achieved in conjunction with program requirements.
- Coordinate certification problem solving activities, analyze inputs and develop course of action to ensure timely problem resolution.
- Participate in timely certification estimates in support of company program proposals.
- Coordinate and assist with FAA, ODA and DOA designee compliance and conformity on-site and off-site inspections.
- Develop, implement and maintain certification training modules and training records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support occasional travel as required.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements and FAA processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, negotiation skills and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks from multiple projects at one time.
- Proven ability to execute written contractual documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Power Point
- Ability to understand operations from a broad perspective.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
- Bachelor degree in Business or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education, experience and aptitude as determined by reporting leadership.
- Minimum 10 years aerospace experience working in certification, engineering or quality is required; a combination of experience is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years previous leadership experience in a supervisor, or management role.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, use their hands and arms, talk and listen, and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.ENVIRONMENT:
Normal business office conditions generally prevail. The noise level is usually low to moderate, but in some cases loud. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.
Job Ident #: