Maintenance Training Manager
Air Wisconsin Airlines •
With general supervision from the Director of Maintenance Operations, responsible for developing curriculum, delivering and conducting technical training programs to support maintenance operations. Supervises Training Instructors.
• Promotes and fosters a safe and secure operating environment.
• Supervises Maintenance Training Instructors.*
• Facilitates complete implementation and integration of the adult learning style/theory training format within each aspect of the Maintenance Department Training or other training formats as requested.
• Develops and maintains the Maintenance Department training program to ensure regulatory compliance of Maintenance personnel.
• With guidance from the Director of Maintenance Operations, collates data from a wide array of inputs including, but not limited to, training completion tracking and other feedback sources (including instructors, trainees), Reliability, FAA, and reporting from Continuous Analysis & Surveillance System (CASS) to continuously improve the training curriculum to meet or exceed company needs and/or regulatory changes.
• Maintains an acute awareness of the maintenance department’s operations including its challenges, and develops timely curriculum to address training effectiveness in areas of opportunity for improvement.
• Responsible for Maintenance Training facilities and assets to ensure company resources are maintained and effective for training.
• Develops and manages department budget to ensure availability of assets and personnel and, ensure department stays within budget.
• Maintains, audits, and reports on Maintenance personnel training records to ensure expected training compliance of Maintenance personnel.
• Responsible for obtaining training supplies and equipment while monitoring safe and efficient utilization of training materials.
• Develops, maintains, and teaches maintenance training courses in accordance with the accepted training program.
• Ensures that maintenance training courses are technically accurate, contain proper grammar, punctuation and spelling, are at all times up-to-date, and clearly relevant to the student’s every day work.
• Develops and maintains technical training aids and material.
• Performs as Cockpit Trainer and Examiner for Run/Taxi and TOW operations.
• Performs as Simulator operator and Evaluator for Run/Taxi Examiner certifications.
• Ability to conduct forklift training
• Conducts new hire and recurrent training within established training curriculums and Company requirements.
• Conducts Maintenance Provider training.
• Capable of conducting training equivalent to ATA Spec Level IV
• Works in a team environment, both departmentally and interdepartmentally for areas of process improvement including methods to reduce costs and improve quality of the Maintenance Training Standards.
• Maintains curriculums in accordance with IATA, CFR 49, OSHA, FAR, DOT, and EPA.
• Coordinates with Regional and Base Manager(s) and Shift Manager(s) to ensure training currency of station personnel.
• Coordinates and looks for synergies with Flight and Inflight Services.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Education or Aviation related fields preferred
• FAA Airframe and Powerplant license preferred
• Two to four years’ experience in teaching/instruction required
• Instructional design experience preferred
• One to three years personnel management experience preferred
• Proficient with current office computer technology including typical office applications
• Experience leveraging a Learning Management System
• Software experience in Articulate, Moodle, Sharepoint, UltiPro, Sabre CrewQual and PMI preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Ident #: