Director of Maintenance
Aspen Flying Club •
Aspen Flying Club, operates one of the largest and most diverse fleet of piston engine aircraft in the country. We are recruiting for an A&P IA who has 5+ years of GA experience in a flight school environment or other similar operation. Familiarity with Cessna piston planes, Pipers, Diamond DA40 and DA42s, and various other models is essential. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and/or background.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: TBD based on Qualifications and Experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the maintenance management of assigned aircraft.
- Familiar working knowledge of the appropriate Code of Federal Regulations.
- Complies with internal company policies and procedures or any company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) document
- Communicates effectively with other internal personnel.
- Maintains a safe work environment and reports any unsafe conditions.
- Performs quality maintenance, preventive maintenance and inspections to conform within the standards established by the company, Federal regulation and industry best practices achieving the highest reliability goals.
- Provides technical support, as needed, to other staff or management
- Reviews and ensures all required entries into the aircraft logbooks and permanent records are accurate and in accordance with company and FAA requirements.
- Updates and interfaces with computerized maintenance tracking program.
- Proactively provides recommendations for modifications and upgrades, as necessary.
- Maintains a purchase order log for all expenditures on assigned aircraft.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Experience and Skills:
- Airframe and Powerplant (Required)
- IA (Inspection Authorization) (Required)
- Some experience as a shop foreman/lead at a GA maintenance facility is preferred.
- Proficiency in FAA regulations including AD's, 337's and log entries
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft O365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat or related presentation programs. Competency with internet navigation is also required.
- Five (5) years experience in aviation maintenance.
- Knowledge in maintenance planning with regard to inspections, repairs, and modifications.
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required).
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)