· Lead/manage the quality assurance and inspection processes of the company’s operation, which is avionics-focused.
· Lead the company’s ‘gold standard’ of compliance with and adherence to FAA regulations and best practices.
· Prepare or oversee timely preparation of FAA paperwork and logbook entries pertaining to avionics projects.
· Represent company and host all FAA inspections working with company’s accountable manager.
· Evaluate technical talent, identify training/skill development needs, provide input into training and related programs to develop talent within the technical team.
· Perform avionics repairs, avionics maintenance, and/or avionics installation when not performing chief inspector-specific duties.
· Demonstrate proficiency in creating and interpreting wiring diagrams, aircraft blueprints, and schematics.
· Provide stewardship and be primary author/editor of any revisions or updates to the company’s FAA Repair Station Manual.
· Operate with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety and honesty.
· Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Practical application and deep understanding of FAA regulations that pertain to a Part 145 Repair Station.
· Passion for and proven competence in aviation quality assurance / inspection practice and leadership.
· Excellent, efficient, and clear writing skills with regard to FAA-related documentation.
· Proven mastery-level competence in AVIONICS repair, AVIONICS installation and maintenance in general aviation aircraft.
· Passion for aviation, learning, innovation and achievement.
· Self-motivation and the ability to work in a self-directed way.
· Willingness to work alongside others in the team - as part of the team - and lead by example
· Integrity, trustworthiness, work ethic, good judgment and dependability.
· Professional appearance, demeanor and presence, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Customer and employee service orientation, attitude and demeanor.
· Computer usage expertise, including MSFT Office & EBis line of business software (training provided for EBis).
· Must be able to pass drug test, as required by FAA, and pass criminal/background check.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Required Experience: Minimum of five years of work experience in a general aviation aircraft modification/completion shop in leadership / management role that included inspection responsibility.
· Preferred Experience: At least 10 years of successful avionics installation, repair or maintenance experience – preferably including time as a chief inspector - with deep knowledge of Garmin, Rockwell Collins, Honeywell, Avidyne, Aspen Avionics, Bendix-King and/or other leading avionics brands.
· Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
· Preferred Education: College / university degree or two years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics.
· Preferred Credential: Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) Certificate by National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT).
· Preferred Credential: FAA Mechanic / Repairman’s Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings and Inspection Authorization status.
· Other Preferred Credential: FAA Licensed Pilot, preferably with an Instrument Rating.
At Carpenter, each associate is a valued resource. Carpenter offers a stable yet exciting environment that has fostered a surprisingly long tenure for its team members. Contributing to this inviting workplace is a compelling overall compensation package that includes:
· Competitive wages with bonus potential.
· 401(k) retirement program with generous company match.
· Group health insurance and Health Savings Account (HSA).
· Life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance coverage.
· Reimbursement program for on-the-job tools.
· Discounts on Carpenter Avionics products and services for personal use.